The Community Hub
The Community Hub aims to strengthen social cohesion and inclusion within local communities and deliver long-term outcomes for children, families, schools and the wider community. It uses a place-based community engagement approach, and holds group activities and programs.
- connect families to existing support services including local education, health, community and settlement services
- improve language, literacy and learning outcomes for parents and children
- strengthen social cohesion and inclusion within local communities
- prepare children to succeed at school by increasing participation in early years services and building the capacity of parents to support their child's learning and development at home and at school
- provide support to children as they transition to school, especially those from migrant families including newly arrived and refugee families
- enhance the capacity of schools, community centres and services providers to respond to the needs and aspirations of families